Ten Commandments For the Perfect Night’s Sleep
Sleep rules. Now that I wake up at 3am, getting a good night's sleep is CRUCIAL to performing a flawless morning show.
I'm still adjusting. Duh, amirite?
Ten Commandments to a Perfect Night's Sleep
- Thou Shalt Clean Thy Room: less clutter = gooder sleep
- Thou Shalt Set Thy Thermostat to 61 degrees: it might seem cold, but if you have good blankets you'll be good to go!
- Thou Shalt Keep Thy Sheets Fresh: my best sleep happens on fresh sheets!
- Thou Shalt Not Sleep Nude: you know what? Screw that. GET NAKED!
- Thou Shalt Keep Thy Room As Black As Thou's Soul: no lights, no TV.
- Thou Shalt Get INTO Bed at a Reasonable Time: give yourself time to fall asleep as well as getting 7-8 hours of shuteye.
- Thou Shalt Put Thine Phone Down: at least half an hour before you close your eyes
- Thou Shalt Read a Real Book: not from your phone or tablet, but a real book. See: Commandment #7 (did you forget ALREADY?! You must be tired!)
- Thou Shalt Not Sleep On Your Wrong Side: supposedly sleeping on your RIGHT (get it?) side with your legs curled up is ideal for perfect sleep. K.
- Thou Shalt Sleep On Thy Own: don't spoon your partner and if at all possible, sleep in a separate bed altogether.
Who made these commandments? Hypnos might have something to say about not sleeping naked while spooning your partner.
H/T: Daily Mail