My Favorite Bacon Chili Recipe
Looking for a super easy weeknight meal? Or something to bring to a game day pot luck? It doesn't get easier than this chili recipe! It is based off of Trisha Yearwood's Filet Mignon Chili but I modified it to be a little easier on the budget!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb of cooked bacon - chopped and cooked
- 1 large yellow onion - diced
- 1 orange bell pepper - diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef - cooked and drained
- seasoned with 1 1/2 tables spoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes - for extra flavor I use Hunt's Garlic Diced Tomatoes.
- 4 oz of tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
1. Dice and saute your pepper, onion and minced garlic. You will want them to just be softened. Remove from pan and set off to the side.
2. Cook your chopped bacon until it is done, but not crispy. Drain the fat and then cook hamburger in the same pan, adding in the required seasonings.
3. Add meats and veggie mixture to a crock pot, add tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken stock and leave on high for 3 hours. Stir occasionally, and after 3 hours leave on "low" setting.
4. Serve and enjoy!