Minnesota Named ‘Best State for Women’
Minnesota has been named the 'Best State for Women' by the number crunching smarties at Wallet Hub. By default, that makes it pretty darned good for us guys too -- because we all know, "Happy Wife, Happy Life." :)
WalletHub looked at 19 key categories ranging from from 'median earnings for female workers' to 'women’s preventive health care' to 'female homicide rate.' Here's how it all shakes out.
2017 Best States for Women
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
The states that fared the worst for women were Nevada (#46), South Carolina (#47), Alabama (#48), Louisiana (#49), Mississippi (#50). You can see their full list HERE.
As for our neighbors:
- #3 - North Dakota
- #6 - Wisconsin
- #9 - Iowa
- #13 - South Dakota
Looking a little deeper at where Minnesota scored highest:
- Lowest Unemployment Rate for Women: 4th
- Lowest High School Dropout Rate for Women: 2nd
- Highest % of Women Who Voted in the 2016 Election: 4th
- Lowest Female Uninsured Rate: 5th
- Highest Women's Life Expectancy at Birth: 2nd
- Women's Economic & Social Well-Being: 1st
- Women's Health & Safety: 5th
Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Lakes and 2,775,535 women.