Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe Your Family Will Love & Only 6 Ingredients
I live with a bunch of pizza lovers, so it's safe to say pizza is a staple in our weekly diet. We ran out of frozen pizzas over the weekend and we were pretty bummed out.
I realized that I probably have all of the ingredients in my cupboard to make a pretty edible crust. I browsed through some of my old cook books and surf Pinterest so for inspiration and found one that seemed to incorporate the exact ingredients I had.
It's slim pickings in my house since we're trying hard to only buy up what we need and use all of what we have right now due to all the shortages.
I made the recipe and as my husband was reheating it up the next day for lunch he proclaimed to the house it was the best pizza he's ever had. It could just be the hunger talking, but I'll take it.
Since it worked so well for my family, I want to share it with you and your family. Here's the recipe that satisfied our pizza cravings and turned out to be a hit!
- 2 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a medium bowl pour in your water and add your yeast. Let that sit for about five minutes while it becomes frothy.
- Next pour the yeast water into your kitchen mixer. Add in your sugar and vegetable oil. Stir that up, then add in flour and salt.
- Don't over mix. Stir until the dough starts pulling apart from the side of the mixer.
- lightly grease up a large bowl with vegetable oil, place the dough in the bowl and set it in a warm place for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- When the dough has risen, cut it into two sections and knead each one a few times. Don't over knead. Form each dough into its own ball and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes.
- Form your dough balls into the pizza crust shape you prefer.
- I greased up a glass 9x12 pan and baked it for about 35-40 minutes.
This recipe makes 2 medium sized pizzas. The circle pizza pictured is a cauliflower crust not made from this recipe.