Celebrate National Dog Day with These Fun Ideas
Look at that face? Just her cute little face alone is enough to make me smile first thing every morning. Gloria was a rescue from Grey Face Rescue who lost her person at almost the same time I lost my dog Sampson. We were a perfect match for each other. She healed me; I healed her.
CELEBRATE NATIONAL DOG DAY
How can you show your dog how much you care?
- Send a dog related gift to a friend or family member who also shares in your love of dogs.
- Spend the day gathering or taking pictures of your dog and make a photo album or calendar.
- Take pictures of your family dog now, so you can give them out as gifts at Christmas time. This could be coffee mugs, calendars, blankets, pictures.
- Take an ill neighbors dog for a walk for them.
- Buy your dog a new dog toy, or update their bedding, blankets
- Take a health check of your dog. If you haven't had a visit to the vet recently, maybe make an appointment to keep your dogs health in tip top shape.
- Take your dog for a walk; to the park; play fetch in the back yard.
- Promise your dog you'll be a better person.
- Teach your dog a new trick; or let your dog teach YOU a new trick.
- Brush your dog.
- Give your dog a bath.
- Buy your dog a kiddy pool.
- Give your dog a massage.
- Buy your dog or make your dog a new fashionable collar and leash.
- Adopt a dog.
- Rescue a dog.