You Know You’re From Minnesota When _______.
I visited my parents in the cities this weekend, and I was talking about the fact that I was ready for Vikings football. My Dad says, "You're always ready for Vikings football." True enough. You know you're from Minnesota when you look forward to the start of a new Vikings season, even though you know it's gonna end badly. That's mine. What's yours?
- CINDY: You plan all year long for the State Fair.
- JIM: Somebody brings molded green Jello to the party.
- KATIE: Meat raffles are a legitimate form of entertainment.
- TANYA: You hear the temperature, but know to wait for the windchill.
- SARA: You keep trying to text 'hot dish,' but your phone keeps changing it to 'hot dog.'
- DAN: You think Iowans have a southern accent.
- TIMMY: You only own three 'spices,' salt, pepper, and ketchup.
- LYNN: It's pop. not soda.
- SHERI: You design your Halloween costumes to fit over snowmobile suits.
- RICH: You have ten favorite recipes for venison.
- LINDA: Your husband thinks sexy lingerie is a flannel nightgown with only eight buttons.
- ROBBIE: You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.