UFO Sightings in Minnesota a Common Occurrence [Area Reports]
A while back WCCO did a story about a Marshall County sheriff's deputy that had a close encounter in August of 1979 that resulted in his squad car being damaged. The car is on display at the Marshall County Museum. The story prompted me to do some digging on the reporting of UFOs in Minnesota -- and I was shocked by what I found.
Over the past couple of years there have been dozens of UFO sightings in Central Minnesota reported to the National UFO Reporting Center. Unrecognizable shapes, flashes, fireballs and more -- from St. Paul to Silver Bay, and Lutsen to Little Canada, the reports are pouring in.
The following reports have been made in our neck of the woods over the past couple of years:
- 1/15/17 (Elk River): Witnessed by my wife, myself, and neighbor - bright white light, blue, red. much larger than any stars - stationary.
- 12/4/16 (Sauk Rapids): This was a triangular craft. 3 or 4 lights on the back which were bright and 4 or 5 going towards the tip at different intensities.
- 7/30/16 (Watkins): Event happened around 11 at night. We were watching the night sky, when my wife and I saw a V shaped formation moving north to South.
- 5/5/16 (Big Lake): NW sky saw 4 lights 2 orange 2 blue-white move over course of 2. 5 hours to end at NE corner of sky and disappear.
- 3/9/16 (Long Prairie): My neighbor and I live in the country in rural Minnesota, at 9:00 at night a beeping noise was moving around our house.
- 9/25/15 (St. Cloud): Orange sphere of light traveling south to north , no sound , no other lights ...traveling pretty low.
- 8/21/15 (St. Cloud): Two orange objects fly from south to north proceeding a helicopter with a spotlight hovering near the area.
- 8/7/15 (Sauk Rapids): It was Friday night. August 7 2015 the time 11:45 pm. Looking in the west northwest direction towards Waite Park from Sauk Rapids.
- 8/7/15 (Rice): Fast moving, flashing, blue object in sky.
- 7/31/15 (Richmond): Looking S near Richmond, MN. It was a horizontal flash, larger than a jet in three separate jagged lines...not lightning.
- 7/31/15 (Pierz): Possible UFO sighting.
- 6/22/15 (Ogilvie): A fuzzy bluish-white fireball moving initally W in a meandering trajectory that eventually became NW. ((NUFORC Note: Spent rocket? PD
- 6/14/15 (Alexandria): Large bright light moving slow in straight line, no sound, 5,000 to 10,000 ft high then disappeared. ((NUFORC Note: ISS. PD))
- 5/19/15 (Brainerd): Five bright flashes in the northeast sky were seen by two people at 9pm, 5/19/2015.
- 1/31/15 (Elk River): Disk with red green lights changing back and forth would hover and like bouncing movements.
- 1/9/15 (Waite Park): Green and orange lights shooting up into the sky.
Seen any yourself? Let us know by commenting at the bottom of this page.