Tips For Those Who Don’t Like To Work Out
I’ll admit it, when I saw the headline, it caught my eye. But here’s the truth: I DO like working out. I love the feeling it gives me. It’s just that sometimes I have a hard time finding the motivation to just do it. So maybe these tips from Oprah’s magazine will help both of us.
1. Set minimal goals. You might like to think you’ll work out for an hour every single day, but maybe that’s a bit lofty to start. Keep it simple and work your way up.
2. Write it down. This works for food too. Keep track of what you’re doing each day. If you’re like me, it’s easy to forget.
3. Watch out for things that drain your willpower. Like long, boring meetings. Try to work out before an event like that could take away your motivation.
4. Start a habit. Even if you work out for a few minutes every day, it will keep you going for the next day. When you start skipping days, it’s easy to follow that path as well!
5. No failure! Stay optimistic. Even on bad days!
6. Tailor your workout. Make it fit your life. If you’re a mom, maybe it includes bike rides with the kids. Animal lover? Volunteer to walk the dogs at your local shelter!
Whatever it is–just keep moving. Even for a few minutes each day. I’ll do the same.