Tips For Avoiding the Flu in Minnesota
One of my resolutions for 2017 was to avoid getting sick. With it being the peak of cold and flu season I am using extra caution. Here are some things I am doing as well as tips from cold and flu experts.
- Wash Yours Hands – Do this regularly and the right way. 20 seconds with warm water and soap should kill off a lot of nasty bacteria that can make you sick. Sing “Happy Birthday” twice in your head when you are scrubbing and you should be good to go!
- Stock up on Clorox Wipes – I have a work environment that I share with a lot of people. wiping down equipment is crucial for keeping me from feeling awful. These handy wipes are also great for wiping down cell phones!
- Go to the gym – This one is tricky. Gyms are hot beds for breeding bacteria and virus’s. Working out can boost your immune system but make sure you wipe down gym equipment before and after use!
- Wash your clothes – I read a story on the internet about how much bacteria and grime can get on your clothes throughout the day doing certain activities, especially working out. I have got into the habit of washing my gym clothes after each use. I don’t know how much it actually helps but it makes me feel a lot better.
- Reusable water bottles – Water is great. Drinking lots of water through the day keeps your joints lubricated and helps flush the body of “icky things”. Make sure you wash your water bottle after each use! You’ll thank me later.
- Preventative Action – If you come in contact with someone that is sick, take action early! Multi-vitamins and vitamin c supplements are my go-to. It could end up saving you in the long run!
- Don’t Stress – I am super guilty of this. When we worry about getting sick we are more likely to catch something. Take a few deep breaths and remember that colds and the flu can be treated. We are all going to make it!
May the odds be ever in your favor!