The Worst Things To Do In A Job Interview
A new survey asked managers what some of the worst things potential employees could do in a job interview. Most of them make sense to me, except for the number one thing.
1. Saying "I'm nervous." I've always thought honesty was the best policy, and if I'm nervous during a job interview, I might let them know. Of course, it depends on how the interview is going, and whether or not the interviewer has a sense of humor!
2. Wearing inappropriate clothing. Still amazes me how many people don't get this right.
3. Not making eye contact. Hard to do sometimes, but work on it before you get there.
4. Checking your phone. Leave it in the car! So annoying.
5. Fidgeting and bad posture. Slumping never looks good.