The Best Way To Heal a MN Fishing Opener Sunburn
It was fishing opener in Minnesota and the weather was fantastic for it! Saturday was cloudy, and while I wasn't on the lake myself, I did end up with a sunburn from being outside. I'm calling it a cloud burn. Sunday was even nicer for Mother's Day and I spent the whole day sitting by the lake watching my mom fish. The reflection off the water left me with a nasty sun burn on my arm. It feels like it is its own space heater.
I have been slathering it with aloe but it doesn't seem to be helping like it should. So I turned to Dr. Internet for a different solution. Here are the top tips:
- Drink lots of water
- Make a cool compress out of milk instead of water. The milk has more healing vitamins in it.
- Slather yogurt on the burn. Just like the milk it has a lot of vitamins.
- Take a cool bath or shower
- Use coconut oil on the sunburn, but don't go outside with it! It provides zero sun protection.
- Boil and mash peeled potatoes, let cool and apply to the skin. The starch in them draws out heat.
I don't think I could do that last one. I would end up eating them off my arm. Let me know what your remedies are in the comments below!