The Best Foods For Your Heart!
Studies have shown that 70% of heart disease cases are preventable with the right food choices! Seems easy, right? Here’s a list of some of the healthy foods to keep your ticker happy!
1. Walnuts. This nut is full of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, Vitamin E, and folate, all of which promote healthy hearts. It’s also high in polyunsaturated fats. Unsalted is best for you.
2. Almonds. Like walnuts, these nuts are big in omega-3s.
3. Oatmeal. Okay, we’ve all heard that oatmeal is good for us. But are you eating the right kind? Only the plain, non-processed kind is helping you stay healthy. Instant and flavored oats are often drenched in processed sugar.
4. Blueberries. Packed with powerful antioxidants and flavonoids. Try them in your oatmeal, in a smoothies, or in yogurt.
5. Green Tea. Favored by Chinese herbalists for its medicinal benefits. You’ll find all kinds of good stuff like catechin and flavonids, antioxidants with multiple cardio benefits including reducing blood clots.
6. Soy Milk. Try it–you might like it! It’s high in the organic compound isoflavones, which has been shown to help reduce cholesterol. It contains no cholesterol and is naturally low in fat. In also contains niacin, which helps boost circulation.
7. Raisins. Hey, these are great in oatmeal too! They will help to reduce high blood pressure. That’s because raisins are packed with potassium, which helps lower hypertension and increases immune-boosting antioxidants.
8. Broccoli. I love it steamed with a little bit of hot red pepper sprinkled in! You knew this would be on the list! Low in cholesterol, high in fiber, and contains a wealth of antioxidants.
9. Yams. Yum, I just had one yesterday. A great source of Vitamin C, calcium, and iron, which help reduce high blood pressure. Eat the skin, too, which is full of heart-healthy nutrients.
10. Olive oil. Just make sure it’s extra-virgin. Make sure it’s extra virgin. The purer olive oil contains higher levels of “good fat” and antioxidants.
The list goes on: http://tinyurl.com/bh8ejgm