St. Cloud Film Fest Becoming Major Destination for Movie Lovers
ST. CLOUD — In just five years, the St. Cloud Film Fest has grown from a one-day event to a week-long destination for movie lovers both local and international.
Sixty movies by filmmakers from all over the world — including central Minnesota — will be featured over the course of the festival beginning Saturday night at Pioneer Place.
Executive Director John Scott says they received over 450 entries from 45 countries ranging from animated shorts to feature-length films, making the cut down process a difficult one.
“It’s a constant screening process,” Scott says. “We’ve got eight people who work on whittling it down, so it’s a long process [that] takes about six months.”
Scott says this year’s event will feature multiple films that have won awards at other major festivals like the Sundance Film Festival, SXSW, and the Cannes Film Festival.
“[These films] are just starting to make their way into theaters maybe by the end of this year, maybe next year, and maybe not at all,” Scott says. “So this will be a great opportunity to see some of those films.”
Tickets cost $5 for each show, but a week-long pass that will admit you into all 13 shows is $25 available on their website.
The festival runs through Friday, November 13th with stops at Pioneer Place, Marcus Parkwood Cinema, St. Cloud State, and the Red Carpet.
– Saturday, November 7th, 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. at Pioneer Place
– Sunday, November 8th, 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. at Pioneer Place
– Monday, November 9th, 7:00 p.m. at Marcus Parkwood Cinema
– Tuesday, November 10th, 7:00 p.m. at SCSU Miller Center & Red Carpet
– Wednesday, November 11th, 7:00 p.m. at Marcus Parkwood Cinema
– Thursday, November 12th, 7:00 p.m. at SCSU Miller Center & Performing Arts Center
– Friday, November 13th, 7:00 p.m. Award Ceremony at Pioneer Place