Some Midseason TV Shows Worth Watching!
Are there certain shows that you wish were on all year round? The first one that comes to mind for me is "Drop Dead Diva". Best show ever! It's on Lifetime and I think it only comes around in the summer. What a shame. It's the best story line and just a fun show to watch.When I saw the list of new shows starting soon, I was hoping that this show would be included, but looks like I'll have to wait. There are some other good ones coming up though!
I'm not sure why they start certain shows at different times of the years, but it's nice to find something new in January and February. Especially if you're tired of the same old shows. Here are a few new ones you might want to check out:
1. "Cougar Town" is back! Courtney Cox and the rest of the cast are great. It's usually good for a couple of laughs each week. Now on TBS.
2. "Deception". When a wealthy socialite overdoses and dies, her best friend, a detective, goes undercover to find out what really happened. I love a good mystery! Mondays on NBC.
3. "The Carrie Diaries" begins on January 14th on the CW! AnnaSophia Robb ("Soul Surfer") stars as a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw in this "Sex and the City" prequel from "Gossip Girl" producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. The show is set in the 1980s during Carrie's junior year of high school and follows her and her sister as they adjust to life after the death of their mother, living in Connecticut under the sole care of their overprotective father.
4. "The Following". Kevin Bacon. Need I say more? January 21st on Fox.
5. "The Taste". I love the cooking competition shows on Bravo and the Food Network, and now ABC is jumping on board with this one. 16 hopefuls compete in a blind taste test each week. January 22nd.
6. "Smash" is back! It was great last year, and I have a feeling it will be even better this year. Jennifer Hudson joins Katherine McPhee for this season of the musical drama that also stars Debra Messing and Angelica Huston. February 9th