Play the 2013 CMA Awards Drinking Game
Tonight (Nov. 6) is the biggest night in country music: the CMA Awards! I love country music, but honestly, awards shows can get a little dry on their own. So, what better way to make the ceremonies more enjoyable than a good old fashioned drinking game?
Here are the rules:
- Drink every time Carrie Underwood changes outfits.
- Two drinks whenever someone is wearing jeans or a baseball cap or something that’s not supposed to go with a suit jacket.
- Shrug and drink every time someone talks and you have no idea who they are.
- Yell “Praise the Lord!” and chug every time someone thanks God or Jesus in their acceptance speech.
- Yell “‘Merica!” and drink every time someone says “America.”
- Drink whenever someone gets choked up during an acceptance speech.
- Drink every time someone looks shocked that they won.
- Do a shot every time a non-country artist performs with a country artist.
- Two drinks every time a famous couple is shown together on camera (Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Blake and Miranda, etc.)
- Cheers and drink every time someone thanks the fans.
- Do a shot anytime an acceptance speech gets cut off.
- Finish your drink if something crazy happens, like an F-Bomb or a wardrobe malfunction.
What other rules do you think should be added to the game? Let us know in the comments.
Here’s Blake Shelton tipping back a few with Trace Adkins in the video for Hillbilly Bone.
Subscribe to 98.1 Minnesota’s New Country on
KIX 105 would like to remind our listeners to only drink if you are over 21, be responsible and and always designate a driver. Cheers!