Past Relationships: Questions You Need Answered
Think you've found the love of your life? Maybe you have. Congratulations. Before you get too involved though...may I ask...have you asked 'questions' about their past relationships? It's important to know and recognize patterns. I don't want to be a downer..but I also don't want to see you stuck in a relationship that's not going to last for the long hall, or be in a relationship that you regret later; all because you didn't ask important questions that might be the breaker for the relationship.
Questions you should find the time to ask:
- If they were in a previous marriage, find out why the relationship didn't work out.
- Have they ever been cheated on? How did they feel about it?
- Have they ever cheated on someone? How did they feel about it?
- Are you still friends with your ex? Why?
- Have you ever been tested for HIV or STD's, and would you be willing to test again to protect our relationship?
- Did your family like your ex? Why or why not?
- Do you believe in Monogamy?
- Do you want to get married?
- Do you want to have children?
- Have you ever been into a physical altercation with your ex?
- Did you break up with them or did they break up with you?
- What do you like about me?
- What's the longest relationship you've ever been in?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Do you have any addictions?
- What is your religious affiliation?
- Are you prejudice?
- Do you believe in abortion?
- Do you feel that men and women are equals?
- Do you leave the toilet seat up or down?
There are a lot of other questions you can ask. Can you get around it if they hate lobster and you love it? Or if they love classical music and you love country? Do they like trucks or cars? Do they like hunting?
The bottom line is; know yourself. What makes sense in your world. Figure out exceptions that are not going to be an issue for you or them. Something like leaving the toilet seat up or down might not be a big deal for you; but might be a deal breaker for them.