Minnesota’s Best Winter Tourist Attractions
Minnesota is a seriously awesome place all year, but even more so in the winter. Whether it's on the lake, on the trails or showing our holiday spirit, this is the time where true Minnesotans shine. If you're visiting Minnesota over the holidays and want the full experience, check out one of these awesome events or attractions!
- Guthrie Theater--The Guthrie is a magical place in the winter time. They put on some seriously amazing performances, like, 'A Christmas Carol.' I promise you, that once you see a play at the Guthrie, you'll get an itch to go back.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden--It's a beautiful place in the summertime, but it's even better in the winter. Make sure you bundle up because you'll get chilly. But, you must stop and take a cool wintry photo with the huge spoon and cherry sculpture.
- St. Paul Winter Carnival--It's the oldest winter carnival in the country. The downtown area has been transformed into a winter wonderland with decorations, sculptures and the like.
- Canal Park--It's located in Duluth and has magnificent scenery. It's romantic and breathtaking. There's a beautiful lighthouse that you have to get your picture taken with.
- Eden Prairie Ice Castles--Bundle up, you'll be a little chilly, but it'll be worth it. The ice castles are AMAZING!
- Minnehaha Falls--Oh my word! I thought this place was spectacular in the summer, but boy is it beautiful in the winter. The waterfall freezes and looks like a wintry wonderland.
- Holidazzle--It's located in Loring Park and features beautiful Christmas decorations and ice skating which is super romantic!
- Brainerd Jaycees--It's the world's largest fishing contest. The grand prize is $150,000.