Minnesota Twins Announce Monday’s Opening Day Schedule of Events
Opening Day for the Minnesota Twins takes place at Target Field next Monday, April 3rd in Minneapolis. The forecast five days out is for morning showers with a high of 53˚. The first pitch is set for 3:00 PM. The first 30,000 fans in will score a long-sleeve hooded tee.
Twins Opening Day Schedule of Events
- 6 to 9 AM: Breakfast on the Plaza - Fans are invited to drive down 7th Street (adjacent to the Twins Majestic Clubhouse Store) and grab a free ballpark breakfast. Free food and beverages will also be available to bikers and pedestrians on the 7th Street side of Target Plaza.
- Noon to 2:15 PM: DJ Advance will perform on the balcony overlooking Target Plaza.
- 1:00 PM: Gates open. Twins legends and select alumni from the 1987 World Championship team, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the club's first World Series victory, will assist in officially opening the ballpark gates.
- 3:00 PM: The National Anthem will be performed by Dessa in collaboration with a Brass Quintet from the Grammy Award-winning Minnesota Orchestra. The musicians who will be performing the National Anthem are: Manny Laureano, trumpet; Lynn Erickson, trumpet; Michael Gast, horn; Douglas Wright, trombone; and Steve Campbell, tuba.
- 3:05 PM: The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by longtime Twins bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek.
- 3:08 PM: A flyover featuring four F-16s from the Duluth-based 148th Fighter Wing of the Minnesota Air National Guard.
With the Twins coming off a record 103-loss season, many are hoping there's no way but up in 2017.
A limited number of season opening tickets for Monday's game (4/3) against Kansas City are available HERE.