Keep Cool In The Summer Heat
Temps are in the 90’s for a few days and if your air conditioner is like ours, it’s not exactly covering the whole apartment the way it should. Here’s some helpful hits to keep it cool during the Summer Heat.
Some of us don’t have air conditioning or it’s not working the way it should. That can make for sleepless nights. Maybe you are third shift and sleep during the day? Here’s some helpful ideas to cool down.
– Silk sheets. They’re expensive, but the breath and it will make a big difference.
– You could put the mattress on the floor, heat rises of course so the lower you go the cooler it is. Also put the mattress on the floor and aim upwards.
– Lick your wrists. Monkeys lick their wrists when they’re hot. It works for humans too, but people might think you’re crazy so maybe just run them under cold water.
– Spicy foods actually cool you down so try the HOT salsa!
– Keep your lotion in the fridge, it’ll cool you down right away.
– Turn off electronics like the TV and computer, they give off heat.
– Eat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Yogurt has a higher water content than ice cream, so it’s better for keeping your body temperature down.
– If you have a pet, consider letting them sleep on a the concrete or tiled floor, their bedding can actually make them warmer during the day.