It’s Stearns County Fair Week (Here’s Your 98.1 Insider Guide)
Born and raised in Minnesota, I've lived in five different states and been to dozens of county fairs over the years (and loved them all), but none quite get it done like my favorite: the Stearns County Fair in Sauk Centre. Here's your 98.1 insider guide to this week's extravaganza.
98.1 Minnesota's New Country (the Official Station of the 2017 Stearns County Fair) will be at the Fair on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 3P to 7P. Come and find us for chances to win carnival ride wristbands, Stearns County Fair gear, and 98.1 swag (+ more).
2017 Fair Dates & Hours
- WED 7/26: 10 AM to 10 PM (Midway 3p-10p)
- THU 7/27: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway 3p-10p)
- FRI 7/28: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway Noon-10p)
- SAT 7/29: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway Noon-10p)
- SUN 7/30: 7 AM to 8:30 PM (Midway Noon-8:30p)
Ever Been to a Demolition Derby? (Five 98.1 Insider Nuggets)
Most drivers use some sort of strategy to win first place, whether it’s ramming into other cars with abandon or lying in wait to preserve their car for as long as they can.
2017 Stearns County Fair Entertainment
Ok, so there's crazy rides, fun games, fair food, and people watching -- but what else do I need to make sure I don't miss? (Like rides, fried cheese curds, and corn dogs aren't enough.)
- Live music (and lots of it).
- Karaoke (not to be confused with live music, LOL).
- An antique tractor parade.
- 4-H exhibits: These kids work (and play) HARD and sleep for a full week after the fair.
- A horse show.
- Ranch rodeo (no bull riding here)!
- Lego contest.
- Talent contest.
My 'What Not to Miss' List
- Ranch Rodeo: I lived in Montana for 20 years and this will amaze & entertain you (WED 7p)
- Demolition Derbies of course. ( I want to drive in 2018.)
- 50¢ ice cream cones from the Stearns County Dairy Association (SAT 12p-1:30p)
- Rabbit Agility (5p SAT) <-- This will have you laughing hysterically! (This has my personal 5-star rating!!!)
- Draft horse parade & show (7p SAT)
- Sunday (2p-5p) Ride Wristband Special ($30 + 3 cans of soup = 3 wristbands for 3 hours)
Thanks to Vern, Shannon, Jackie, and Jodie along with the rest of the Fair Board, County Commissioners, Superintendents, and volunteers for making 2017 another amazing year at the Stearns County Fair!