How to Turn Cake Mix Into the Best Cookies Ever! [Recipe]
Growing up, if I wanted good cookies I would have to go to Grandma’s house. No one in my household was great at baking. Both of my parents are super stars when it comes to making real meals, but dessert usually was picked up from Coborn’s. When I got a KitchenAid mixer last weekend for my birthday, I was determined to make cookies that couldn’t also be used as hockey pucks.
I should’ve bought a lottery ticket because the first batch of cookies I made turned out on the first try! I found a recipe for taking a normal box of cake mix and turning it into soft, pillow-like, cookies.
- Box of cake mix – whatever flavor you want
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp of powdered sugar
- Just a splash of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, baking powder, and powdered sugar.
- Add in eggs, butter, vanilla, and the splash of whipping cream.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, I like to use about a tablespoon and a half of dough per cookie.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes, or until cooked through
I tried this recipe with chocolate and funfetti cake mix and they both turned out! If you try it for yourself share your pictures with us on Facebook!