How Many Calories In That Green Beer?
I don’t think the dye they put in your beer to make it green on St. Patrick’s Day will add to your waistline. But just in case you decide to go all out Irish and drink the real Irish beer this weekend, we’ve given you a list of calories to go along with them.
1. Guinness Draught. Twelve ounces of this dark and rich beers has just a wee 125 calories!
2. Harp. One of these come in at 142 calories for 12 ounces. Do a couple of jigs and work it off.
3. Killian’s Irish Red. St. Patrick’s Day and Irish reds go hand in hand. This beer has 163 calories in a 12-ounce bottle.
4. Murphy’s. Another Irish stout, Murphy’s has 171 calories but tons of flavor for 12 ounces of St. Paddy sipping!
5. Beamish Irish Cream Stout. Don’t let the word “cream” fool you. Twelve ounces of Beamish has just 146 calories, making it slightly heavier than Guinness.
6. Smithwick’s Irish Ale. If you aren’t a fan of the darker beers, try 12 ounces of this Irish ale for a reasonable 150 calories.
7. Irish Car Bomb. OK, so this is more of a shot/beer-cocktail than an actual beer, but 12 ounces of this Guinness-Bailey’s-Jameson concoction is by far the most caloric option of all with 237 calories, so you might want to think about it before downing several of these.
And, of course, be sure to drink responsibly and bring along a leprechaun as your designated driver! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!