Happy 159th Birthday Minnesota! (Here Are Fun Facts To Celebrate)
Today is our state's 159th birthday! Minnesota officially joined the union on May 11th 1858. To celebrate I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts about our great state!
- Popular inventions that came from here include Scotch Tape, Wheaties cereal, the Bunt Cake Pan and Rollerblades!
- Minneapolis is home to the largest dinner theater in the country, Chanhassen Dinner Theater
- Minnesota has over 90,000 miles of shoreline. That is more than California, Hawaii and Florida combined!
- The first open heart surgery was performed at the University of Minnesota
- Darwin Minnesota is home to the worlds largest ball of twine!
- Can you imagine summer without water skiing? The first practical water skis were invented by Ralph W. Samuelson in Minnesota by modifying pine boards!
- Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, that is more than any other state!
- Naming all our lakes can be a chore. We have 154 "Long Lakes", and 123 "Rice Lakes" in our state!
- Polaris Industry up in Roseau is where the snowmobile was invented!
- Minnesota is the best place to live in the entire world!
OK that last one might be an opinion, but in my world it is a fact! Happy Birthday Minnesota!