Flu Cases On The Rise In MN: Tips To Avoid The Bug
I’m going to Mexico in a few weeks so I better not get sick. Flu cases are on the rise in Minnesota, and is now officially being reported as ‘widespread.’ When I got sick as a kid it was my fault; according to my mom. Then when she got sick it was still my fault because I gave it to her. (WTF Mom?) Here’s some reminders on how to not get sick.
According to flu.gov (and with an address like that you’d think they know), here are the best ways to get the flu.
- Everyone 6 months of age and older should get vaccinated against the flu.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Get plenty of sleep and exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.
- If you are healthy but exposed to a person with the flu, antiviral drugscan prevent you from getting sick.
- Listen to ‘Pete & Cindy in The Morning’ on 98 Country.*
* That wasn’t really on their list, but can’t hurt, right?