Canadian Pacific Holiday Train Tonight (What to Know Before You Go)
The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is so amazing it almost doesn't seem real. Seriously, lights, performers, all dripping with Christmas spirit -- as Ashli says, it's like a real life 'Polar Express.' Your kids (and your inner kid) will absolutely love the night. I'll see you in Annandale!
- Train stops:
- Buffalo (5:45 PM) - 612 North East 3rd Avenue
- Annandale (7:15 PM) - West side of Downtown Park, over the Oak Avenue crossing
- Eden Valley (8:55 PM) - State Street railroad crossing
- What to expect: The train arrives and pulls to a safe stop in front of the crowd. The stage door lowers and the band opens with its first song. After that, a brief presentation takes place with local food bank officials and other dignitaries. Once complete, the band resumes performing a mix of traditional and modern holiday-themed songs. The whole event lasts about 30 minutes. Once the band plays its farewell show, the boxcar door closes, and the train slips off to the next stop.
- The history: This is the 18th year the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train will roll down the tracks.
- Weather: Temps in the teens with wind chills the single digits. Snow should have tapered off leaving a beautiful Christmas setting. #BundleUp
- Before & after: Eat, drink & be merry.
- More official info: Get it HERE!
This is a very family-friendly event, and your kids will lose their minds with all the lights, excitement, performers, and Santa. (I know I do.) :) Bring some non-perishable food too, benefiting the local food banks.