Boost Your Metabolism
Doug and I are on a journey to lose weight this summer. It’s our “Dog Pounds” fundraiser for the Tri-County Humane Society. You can pledge $ for every pound we lose over the summer! We need all the motivation we can get, so the more dollars pledged, the harder we will work! Of course, boosting metabolism will help! I’m willing to try every single thing on this list. After all, it’s for the animals at the shelter!
1) Drink green tea: Studies show that a type of polyphenol, found in green tea assists in burning fat.
2) Eat mostly vegetables with lean protein: Half your plate should be brightly colored vegetables (spinach, kale, red peppers, broccoli) because those with deep colors contain the most nutrition.
3) Keep blood sugar stable: Avoid simple sugars along with artificial sweeteners. Research has shown an increase in cravings 2-3 hours after consuming sugar substitutes.
3) Eat these foods daily: cayenne, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, green tea, hot peppers, citrus fruits (especially lemon), and apple cider vinegar.
4) Optimize your digestion: Chew well, take apple cider vinegar before each meal, eat in a relaxed setting and breathe while you eat.