Be Prepared: Your Flu Survival Kit
I thought this wouldn't happen to me; but alas; I fell victim to the flu. Body aches, sore throat, nausea, exhaustion; basically, a big package of no fun. The flu can come out of nowhere so it's best to have a flu survival kit ready just it case it strikes your home.
YOUR FLU SURVIVAL KIT
- Thermometer- Keep a thermometer handy and in your kit so you know if you're dealing with a fever. Check your fever at least twice a day when you're sick. You need to know if you're getting worse or better.
- Pain reliever/fever reducer- Keep Tylenol or Motrin handy. Just be careful to abide by the recommended dosages, especially when dealing with children.
- Nasal Decongestant/chest congestion/stuffy nose/sinus pain.
- Non drowsy antihistamine for watery eyes and runny noses.
- Tissues- I think this one is pretty self explanatory. I've been sneezing up a storm.
- Disinfectant wipes- Keep door handles, counter tops, etc wiped off so you don't spread the germs around.
- Fluids- Water is the best, but apparently it's hard to get enough water whne you're sick. Gatorade and Pedialyte can help you replace those lost electrolytes.