98 Country Classic Bonus – 5 Most Requested Country Classic Hits [VIDEOS]
Good morning and welcome to the 98.1 Country Classic Show. You can join me from 9 am to 1 pm for the best in country classic music at 98.1 FM Minnesota’s New Country, online and on your mobile device. Today we’re offering you a bonus of the most requested songs from the radio show featuring The Kendalls, Sammy Kershaw, Chris LeDoux, Ronnie Milsap and Tanya Tucker.
The Kendalls – “Sweet Desire” -- 1978
A number one song by The Kendalls written by Jeannie Kendall.
In the news in 1978:
- Jim Jones followers commit suicide in Jonestown, Guyana November 18th
- Due to poor cold war relations United States bans sale of latest computer technology to the Soviet Union
Sweet desire carried me away, warmed my heart and I just had to stay, tempting feelings just led me astray.
Sammy Kershaw – “Queen of my Double Wide Trailer” -- 1993
Dennis Linde wrote this song. Sammy Kershaw took the song to number seven on Billboards Hot Singles Chart.
In the news in 1993:
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is appointed to US Supreme Court on June 14
- Islamic fundamentalists bomb World Trade Center.
Well, I met her out at Murphy’s Restaurant, she said she was fresh from the farm and I remember thinkin’ for a country girl.
Chris LeDoux – “Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy” -- 1992
“Whatcha Gonna do with a Cowboy” is written by Garth Brooks and Mark D. Sanders, recorded by Chris LeDoux and Garth Brooks. The song topped the country chart at number seven.
In the news in 1992:
- US forces leave Philippines ending nearly a century of American military presence
- Casper W. Weinberger indicted in Iran Contra affair on June 16th
I can see you got your eye on this old cowboy and I can tell you’ve never had one for your own or you’ve never been around one.
Ronnie Milsap – “Stranger in my House” -- 1983
Mike Reid wrote this song and it topped the chart at number five. In the news in 1983, the US invades Grenada October 25
In the news in 1983:
- The US invades Grenada October 25th
- The final episode of M.A.S.H. airs before a record 125 million television watchers
There’s a silence here between us I’ve never heard before and I can’t find the love in her eyes anymore.
Tanya Tucker – “Lizzie and the Rainman” -- 1975
A number one hit for Tanya Tucker, a song written by Kenny O’Dell and Larry Henley.
In the news in 1975:
- President Ford escapes assassination attempt in Sacramento, California on September 5th and second attempt on September 22nd
- “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest” sweeps the top Oscars winning Best Picture, Director, Actor and Actress
He came ridin’ in on the sunrise of a hot west Texas day, a fancy man in a painted wagon with some fancy things to say.
Remember we always take your requests at 320-252-9897
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.