5 Free Outdoor Activities to Do in St. Cloud Now That It’s Warm Out
Now that spring is upon us it's time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. We've been cooped up indoors for far too long. There are many free activities for the St. Cloud residents who are looking for something fun to do outside. Check out some of my favorites and share yours with me!
1. Disc golfing/Frisbee golfing-St. Cloud and the surrounding areas have amazing disc golfing courses perfect all skill levels. One of my favorite beginner courses is located in Waite Park next to the Babe Ruth ball fields. If you’re a more skilled disc golfer, you might want to check out Calvary Park in St. Cloud!
2. Taking a walk in Munsinger/Clemen’s gardens-I LOVE watching flowers bloom and blossom. Munsinger and Clemen’s Gardens in St. Cloud features hundreds of flowers, water fountains and a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. It’sthe perfect place to watch the outdoors sprout to life and wash off the cold Minnesota winter!
3. Biking on Beaver Island Trail-My activity of choice along the trail is biking, but it’s also a good place to take your dog on a walk. The view is beautiful and you’ll get some great exercise!
4. Lake George-If you’re in the mood to do some light walking, then Lake George is your spring spot! The great thing about this trail is that it circles the lake and spans about .75 miles. You can keep good track of how far you walk based on how many laps around the lake you do. If you get tired you can take a seat on the park bench and admire the beauty of the lake.
5. Summertime By George-It doesn't officially kick off until June 15, but it's a great free weekly event. Every Wednesday you can enjoy great live, local music outside by Lake George. Bring a picnic blanket and snacks to enjoy...or, grab dinner from one of the many food trucks that will be on-hand.