25 Things You Don’t Know About Me: Pete (The Follow Up)
Last week I made a list of 25 things you (likely) didn’t know about me. The only hitch was that five of them weren’t true. I challenges you to figure out which five were made up, and while no one got all five (or even four), many found three of the fibs. Here’s the answer key.
I graduated from the University of Minnesota. <BIG FAT LIE #1>
- I was the Student Council president in high school.
- I was at Game-7 of the 1987 World Series when the Twins beat the Cardinals.
- I have completed a marathon.
- I met President Carter while on a back-country fishing trip.
- My parents met at St. Cloud State University.
- I have gone 60+ days without eating (twice).
- I once peed in a neighbor’s garage (and got caught).
I hate beer. <BIG FAT LIE #2> My parents are third cousins. <BIG FAT LIE #3>
- I have had at least one body piercing.
once had a pet monkey. <BIG FAT LIE #4>
- I was once detained at the border trying to enter Canada.
- I was Class President my senior year in high school.
I had dinner with Sean Connery. <BIG FAT LIE #5>
- In high school I competed in track, cross-country, and swimming.
- I have lived in Minnesota, Indiana, Florida, Montana, and Colorado.
- I was riding in a taxi in Mexico when it hit a Coca-Cola truck.
- I played touch football with Kenny Chesney.
- I have two tattoos.
- I am a cancer survivor.
- I impulsively bought a Trans Am at a car dealership during a live radio broadcast.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I played softball in a federal prison.
- I can fit a 12-ounce pop can in my mouth.
Of course the frightening part is that the rest of these are all completely true. (And yes, that includes being able to fit a 12-ounce pop can in my mouth.) My parents are so proud.