25 Things You Don’t Know About Me: Cindy
Who would have thought that coming up with 25 things would be so hard? This is the best I could do! BUT—are they true, or not? You decide. If you find more white lies than anyone else, you’ll win a Subway Sandwich Platter! Be sure to find the lies on Pete’s page too! (Here’s a little help: 3 of these are not true. Which ones?) Email your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. My love of animals started at a very young age with a dog named Penny. Then came Oscar, Buddy, Masey, Roxy, and the list goes on.
2. I’m afraid of air-shows.
3. I tape The Young & The Restless every day.
4. If I wasn’t in radio, I would work for a humanitarian relief organization. I wanted to join the Peace Corps once, but they didn’t need my radio experience.
5. John Denver once held my hand for 5 minutes while we chatted.
6. I love the smell of freshly harvested wheat. I’ll pull over to the side of the road to take a whiff.
7. In high school, I was the Senior Class President.
8. I talk to dead people. Well, my loved ones who have passed on. Or who have “gone home” as I refer to it. I believe their spirits are around us all the time.We just have to pay attention.
9. I played the clarinet for 8 years. The piano for 10.
10. I hate Red Velvet Cake. Disgusting.
11. The last time I was hungover was over 20 years ago.
12. My favorite football player of all time is Walter Payton. And he wasn’t even a Viking! My favorite baseball player of all time is Kirby Puckett. I once named a cat after him. The cat was very cool too.
13. When I was a kid, my friend Korri and I appeared on “The Gong Show”
14. I spent several days keeping people away from Jimmy Carter while he built a house at a Habitat For Humanity build.
15. When Jim Croce died, my Uncle Neil (who was only 3 years older than me, more like a brother and has since passed) and I, played his album for hours, and cried. At least I cried. Not sure if Neil did. But he was sad.
16. I once got stood up on a date at the Bronx Zoo. I forgave him and we’re still friends.
17. When I was a kid I decided I wanted to live in the Rocky Mountains. So when I got older, and had the chance, I moved there for a year. I still miss Colorado!
18. I was a math wiz in high school. Straight A’s.
19. I have a great-uncle who once fought Joe Louis at Madison Square Garden. He got knocked out in the first round.
20. I used to know all the words to the song “Life Is A Rock” (But The Radio Rolled Me) Look it up–not easy!
21. Going into radio wasn’t my plan. I was all set for college and a degree in journalism when my friend Pam said “Hey, I’m going to Thief River Falls to broadcasting school. You should come with me and we can be roommates” And the rest, as they say, is history.
22. I have just recently discovered that I love iced coffee!
23. I think Richard Gere is dreamy.
24. I want to be the character that Diane Lane plays in “Under The Tuscan Sun” – over and over again. And if I can’t be her, I would be willing to settle as the character that Juliette Binoche plays in Chocolat. I think Johnny Depp is dreamy too.
25. My bucket list has mostly travel destinations on it. I want to see the whole world. At the very top of the list though, is Rome, Venice and Tuscany.